Saturday, February 7, 2009

JSON WITH ASP.NET



This is my first blog so if you find something odd please forgive me. I have been working since 4 years with Microsoft technologies. I started my career with ASP and VB 6.Currently I am working on VS 2008. I have faced DLL hell and now i am enjoying the great versioning feature of .NET assembly. I have lot to share but I want to share JSON thing here. JSON is very new for me . I have worked with XML lot. 3 or 4 months before sobody told me about JSON. He told me that JSON is very light in the comparison of XML but that time I was not aware the benefits of JSON and limitation as well.
. firts of all i want to tell that JSON stands for Java JSON stands for JavaScript Object Notation. JSON is away of formatting information so that its is native JavaScript.It's is not associated with any kind of data transportation pattern.
JSON may be something like 100x faster to parse than XML in today's browsers
JSON parsing ends up with something akin to a typed "business object" rather than an untyped DOM tree
JSON don't have extra tags like XML so it is the replica of your business object so it's light and faster to transport data over wire.
As per my experience i found that if you want to traverse a business object than in code behind you can Serialized business object in JSON object.I used Newton's library to seriliaize the business object in JSON. After this i can find the JSON object on client side with the help of AJAX method response. Now you can traverse this object by jquery or javascript. This is just a overview so that it can generate the curiosity in the readers's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment